Whenever you are in an exercise, Exodus 90 or one of the Day 91 exercises, you will have access to two different readings and reflections: the exercise reading and reflection and the Daily Gospel reading and reflection.
The exercise reading and reflection. The exercise reading and reflection is the primary reading and reflection is for the given Day of the exercise you are in. For example, Day 1 of Exodus 90 has a Day 1 reading and reflection. This reading and reflection is in accord with your start date and not the calendar. These readings and reflections only appear once you have begun the exercise. Prior to Day 1 of your exercise these will not be visible.
Daily Gospel reading and reflection. In addition to your exercise's Day reading and reflection we are providing you with the liturgical day's gospel and a reflection. These gospel readings and reflection are not marked as Day 1 or following because they are not linked to the exercises themselves. They are set to the calendar date in accord with the Church's liturgical year. You do not have to read the gospel and reflection each day. They are a completely independent piece and are totally optional. If you want them, they are there, if not no worries. Many men like to use them during their daily prayer time after they have finished an exercise, such as Exodus 90, and before their fraternity begins a new exercise, such as Reflection Peak.
I'm in an exercise, how do I see yesterday's exercise reading and reflection?
- From the home page click the "Read" button in the upper left of the screen. This brings you to the day's reading and reflection.
- In the center top (very top) part of the screen it will say which day's reading it is, for example "Day 3," The Day 3 reflection title will be below it. If it does not say "Day" followed by a number above the title then you are looking at the Daily Gospel and not the Day's reading and reflection for the exercise. To switch from the gospel to the exercise see the section below called, "How do I switch from the Day's reading to the Daily Gospel reading?"
- In the center top (very top) part of the screen, next to where it says which day's reading it is, for example "Day 3" there will be a very small arrow to the left. Press this arrow and it will take you back to yesterday's reading. Once on yesterday's reading you will see an arrow pointing right. Pressing that arrow will return you to today's reading.
Note: You will only be able to see the readings for the day's you have made it to thus far. For example. On Day 8 you will see the Day 8 reading and reflection. You will also be able to go back to see Days 1-7. But you will not be able to go ahead and see the Day 9 reading and reflection.
How do I switch from the Day's reading to the Daily Gospel reading?
- From the home page above the "Read" button in the upper left of the screen, you will see two small dots. [If you only see one small dot then you are not currently in an exercise and thus can only see the Daily Gospel.] If the dot on the left is white you are set to read the exercise Day's reading and reflection. Pressing the "Read" button at this time will take you to exercise Day's reading and reflection. If the right dot is white you are set to read the Daily Gospel's reading and reflection. Pressing the "Read" button at this time will take you to the Daily Gospel reading and reflection.
- If you are on a smart phone, the title of the exercise on the home scree can be swiped right and left. Swiping right or left will change which dot (right or left) is white and thus change which readings and reflections you will see when you click the "Read button." When the left dot is white swipe from right to left to see the Daily Gospel reading and reflection. When the right dot is white, swipe from left to right to see the exercise Day's reading and reflection. — If you are on a computer, it is a little harder to swipe, though the same area is still able to be swiped. When the left dot is white you will want to swipe from right to left to see the Daily Gospel reading and reflection. When the right dot is white, you will want to swipe from left to right to see the exercise Day's reading and reflection. To swipe left on a computer do the following: Looking at the title of the reading above the "Read" button go as far right on your screen as you can. Left click your mouse and hold down. While holding down drag your curser to the left. You should see the text move. If it moves but bounces back and does not switch to a different title, nor switch which circle is white (right or left) then you didn't move it far enough. Try again. If it still doesn't work, you are likely trying to move the wrong direction based on which circle is white. Try this process again moving the opposite direction.
- Once you have switched which dot is white and which title you see, you are able to see the desired reading and reflection, either the exercise Day's reading and reflection or the Daily Gospel reading and reflection.
- If you came to this article trying to see a previous day's exercise reading, but jumped down to this section because you were seeing the Daily Gospel instead, jump back up the the section above entitled, "I'm in an exercise, how do I see yesterday's exercise reading and reflection?" and start back at step 1.
Am I able to see past day's Daily Gospel readings and reflections?
Due to copy right laws, you are unable to go back and see past day's Daily Gospel readings and reflections. However you are able to see previous exercise Day's readings and reflections.